Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

The sailing trip

 Today I am writing about the sailing trip me and all the year 8 and year 7 went on. Yesterday we went to Taipa sailing club. There we went sailing out on the sea. When we git there, we sat down in front of the building and were aloud to eat some food while we listen to what we are doing today. We were going to be split up into 2 groups, but before we were split up into our groups, we had to go and get changed into our togs. After getting into our togs, we found out winch group we were in. I was in group 1 with my two friends, Brooke and Anika. We walked down to the sand were we saw the sail boats. There were two red boats and a few yellow ones. The boats weren't big and just big enough to fit two people.

We had to get into 2 buddies and I went with Brooke. Anika went with Bailey and we climbed into the boats. Some of the grown ups went into the speed boats and grabbed ropes that were tied up around our boats that we were in. The ropes were tied around the each of the boats so that we would follow each other like a train. Brooke and I were the last boat and saw Anika and Bailey in front of us. The water felt nice and cold. The speed boat took us out to the ocean. We went faster, but it didn't feel like it. We were pretty far from the shore, but I loved it. I really wanted to jump in, but we weren't aloud yet. 

I looked at Brooke and she seemed pretty upset. She started crying and was really sad. She was also really scared. We tried to make her feel better and it kinda worked. Later, people on the speed boats flipped out boats upside down and told us to try and get it back up. Brooke didn't want to go, but ended up falling into the water. Luckily we had life jackets on, so she was fine. I loved the water. the water was nice and cold, which is why I didn't get out in a long time. It was really fun and hope we can do it again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment