Pages

Friday 22 May 2020

Writing about 'My name is Rez'

Hi, yesterday we had to write about the story called 'My name is Rez' and we had to choose a part from the story and write about it, so I choose the bully part when she got bullied.  

I read a story called ‘My name is Rez’. It’s about a girl who is a Refugee who now lives in New Zealand. She used to live in Kurdistan. Then  her family decided to move to Iran. She was in a refugee camp and had to share a tent with her family and six other families who she doesn’t know. Then they moved to New Zealand where they had a whole house to themselves, but Rez still had to go to school. She didn’t know how to speak English, The only thing she could say in English is My name is  Rez. Kids bullied her about that and laughed. She didn’t know what they were saying, though. I didn’t like how they made fun of her because she didn’t  know how to speak English and always said that one sentence. I really feel sorry for her because it’s not fun being bullied at all.  It would be nicer if someone stood up to her and helped her to speak English, but the second year of school, she knew how to speak English and she could also understand other kids. She even joined the Kapa Haka group to learn Maori Culture. One of her friends also told her to try Netball and she did. So she also  joined the Netball team. When she got older she said she became a Lawyer and she also said that when you don’t understand someone, the best thing to do first is to play together.  

What did you think about my writing? I really didn't like how they where bulling her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment