Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2020

How honey is made

Image result for A bee picture

Walt: write a explaining piece of writing.

How honey is made
Did you know that Honey bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey?

Bees have two stomachs, when they collect nectar they store it in one of their stomach and the other stomach is for when they eat food. They usually collect nectar in spring because that’s when most flowers bloom and that means more pollum, and they use their proboscis to suck all the nectar out of the flowers and when their honey stomach is full of pollum, they go back to their hive. 

When the bees go back to their hive, all the worker bees chew on the pollum and pass it on to another worker bee until the nectar is sticky, when it’s sticky the bees put the pollum in a honeycomb and then use their wings to dry the honey and then sealed it with a wax lid. 

Next the bee keepers go and collect the honey from the hives and prepare it to sell in stores around the world.

I really enjoyed writing how bees make honey. I learnt a lot about bees and did you know that New Zealand is the only country in the world to have Manuka honey?


2 comments:

  1. Salaam my name is Masi from Waikowhai Primary School. I like how you gathered lots of info about why bees get nectar at spring. I like how you used an interesting question at the start because it made me want to read more of your work. Next time you could put a video about why bees get nectar? Nice job keep the work up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Masi. Thanks for commenting on my blog and I think next time I could put a video on because that sounds great. Bye, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete